Skip to main content

MIddle of the Week - Sun Shines Still

I am still basking in the sunbeams and warmth that has finally found its way to Northern Maine.  I am continuing my efforts to have all things winter put away and make run for the yet to come summer things.

My bedroom floor is filled with bins where I am sorting and packing up my most warmest of winter things.  A few things have gone out to the box that will go to the second hand store in Sherman.

I am not quite done yet, but I am getting closer and closer.

My laptop made really good time and I got an email this morning saying that Apple has received my computer and will start the work.  They will keep me posted.  One leg of this sorry story is done,  now I wait and hope that they will be able to put my computer back in working order.  I am hopeful.  That is better than being in despair.

There is really too much to be in despair about, so I am opting for hope.  Sometimes it is hard to do but I am doing my best.

My flower beds are beginning to show more signs of growth (besides dandelions) are coming back.  My kitchen garden boxes, big pot and containers are all at Richardson’s greenhouse ready to be put together.  I have gone to the greenhouse several times to look at my sweet plants, give them a pat and let them know how happy I am that they are growing so well and being taken such good care of.

Soon they will come to my house.  The east side bed needs some more dirt or something, it is clay and I don’t think the soil itself is very good.  The north bed is better, and I am hoping that all the ferns that were transplanted last year will come back so far it is iffy.   I do have a number of ferns that are still at the greenhouse and I will be planting them.  There is not much sun there.  Right now the sun is so great on the front porch and the front bed but there is a gigantic tree right on the lot line and when there are leaves it does a remarkable job of shading the house.  There is just a small window of time where the sun can find it’s way through the tree and before it drops too far down on the horizon.

I am feeling busy spring cleaning in the house and yard.  Volunteer work,  Tai Chi classes, and all the other things that just have to get done.  The baby sweater is being worked on - the back and one side of the cardigan is almost done.   Lee is coming on Friday and he will take the plexiglass off the screens and take down all the winterizing that he did in the fall.  It was a long time ago!  I have a list of things for him to do.  We have a be safe plan and I am glad for the help.  On the “will I ever be able to focus side of life”  I think I will be done with the book for our book club before we meet on Friday.  Major accomplishment.

Meanwhile,  the local Irving gas station in Sherman was closed today to do whatever they do after someone who works there has tested positive for the Coronavirus.  I don’t know any of the details.  I hope that everyone stays well, and that there is no outbreak or community spread.  We’ll see.

It is the middle of week, a week that is supposed to be filled with sun and warmth.


Comments