Skip to main content

Monday, Monday ....

"Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable." ~ Mary Oliver


All day long I would think "Oh the sky is lightening up, the sun is trying to break through,"  there were a few moments of blue sky, but I am bracing for some more days of rain, clouds and cool weather.  My heart wants blue skies, bright sun and heat on my face.   It will come just not today.   More of a now that is bringing April days of rain, that will at sometime bring May flowers.  

So I am trying to not be impatient.  In response,  I continue to do a few more spring cleaning tasks on more porch in order to to get it ready for porch sitting.   I had Tai Chi Class today.  Each class continues to be more rewarding and I feel a special warmth as we all get to know each other virtually.  

I did go to the post office today, mailed letters and to my surprise I received a letter from the IRS.  I wondered what I might be getting and disgustingly, it was my letter from Donald Trump, I have not yet read the words but he got his way, a letter signed by him in every household.  Completely unnecessary because my money landed in bank in the middle of last month on the same date that my SSA retirement check is deposited in my account.

Today was a day of not too much busy-ness.  I have picked up my knitting needles which were sitting untouched for a few days.   My books are still in piles and I have not been reading either them or my kindle.  I have been reading cookbooks and cooking interesting meals.  

I am working on some new collages and will show pictures one of these days soon.  I keep writing cards and putting them in the mail.  

I found the quote from Mary Oliver at the top of the page earlier this morning and have held it in my heart today,  not imagining the worst, but stretching my imaginations of the best of what might be experienced.

It is Monday,  another week.  A pandemic still rages.  Be safe, be well.



 

Comments