Skip to main content

Saturday Musings


This seems like a good reminder for me today!  The good news is that a day that was supposed to be rainy and cool,  had lots of sunshine and some warmth.   

More good news,  I finished up the painting project in the kitchen and I did not drop or spill anymore paint.  I don’t think that there are any leftover reminders, and the colors are lovely and once the shelf gets put on the wall it is going to be such a lovely and inviting place to sit in my kitchen.  

The apple repair box is on its way, and my out of commission laptop will hopefully be on its ways to apple repair early next week.  I am picking up a laptop to borrow tomorrow, and I think I will maintain a modicum of “control” over my digital world.   I have finally figured out how to find the search bar for mail on my phone and iPad.  That will make it easier to find somethings that are for now inaccessible to me because I cannot access anything on my laptop.  

It has been a week. I have had a range of emotions,  big big feelings, and a few understandings.   It is hard when people snicker at you while you are out wearing a mask.  It makes me feel even more unsafe.  I had a guy without a mask hold open the door to the hardware store, I kept back with my mask on, said no that’s fine,  we had a stand off, him continuing to stand in the doorway holding open the door, and me staying back.  He finally gave up I waited until he crossed the street, checked out that it was ok to go into the store.   I call in what I need and just have to pick it up.  But Wow, it is amazing when I leave my house.   Which is really not often.  I go to the post office to pick up my mail,  I have figured out how to get in and out of the post office.  I have made two trips to drop off my pots and planters for my kitchen garden.  I have been in my grocery store once.  I usually just send in my grocery list and then they bring it to my “way back” in the car.   

Safe outings are to get my water at the spring.  Hikes, sight seeing and self service at my favorite Amish stand are my safe trips.

In the midst of my emotional roller coaster I am making good progress on the baby sweater I am knitting.  I have actually gotten into a reading groove and am actually able to read for more than 15 minutes.  My book club book is getting better and better as I continue to plod along.

It is supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow, at least that is what i have heard.  I refrain from planning for good weather if it happens yay.  I will be ready for it.   The porch is calling out for some attention and I think that will be my next project now that I am almost done with the kitchen.

I am grateful that I am finding a little more energy for taking my house from winter to summer.  To making space for the season to change.  

I love that there is more light.  Let there be light.  And maybe tomorrow so big warmth.



Comments