Skip to main content

Sunday Relief

UU Coffee Time started my day today.   I sat myself up on the front porch for the zoom hour.  Big news was that this morning there was a fire in Houlton on the block of our church.  All is well with the church,  no people were injured, but the house was destroyed.  All other houses and buildings on the block were saved.  Such sorrow.  

After the UU check in, I got in the car for Millinocket.   Today, finally I was off to see the chiropractor.  Before my appointment I got a little tour of the new Moose Print Gallery on Penobscot Avenue.  Wow,  it is so very beautiful.  The walls are filled with such amazing photography, and all around the gallery are other wonderful pieces of art and craft the show some of the best that Maine offers.   I was transported.  Someday they will open and it will be quite the talk of the town.   For now you can go to their website:  Moose Print Gallery  to check out the photographs and more.

Then off for my appointment and I felt relief almost immediately.   

Then outside lunch with Jaime at the AT Lodge.  

I saw more people today than I have since before I left on my spring away time.   Face coverings,  staying six feet away,  hand sanitizers, lots of hand washing.  

In between human contact,  the drive to and from Millinocket was so GREEN,  spring green, bursting forth green, and big big sun.   

A good long nap.  When I woke up I got a call,  friends were going to have supper from the clam shack.   I ordered a meal, and we all had supper on my screen porch,  Me six feet away and we were all happy as clams!  

Then a drive to Ash Hill to watch the sunset.  The cows were walking out to get a drink and then back to the barn, slowly all in a line.  The lower the sun the more electric the green.  The colors forming low in the sky. 

This has been a good day.  Somehow, I am managing to claim little pieces of my new normal.   I am seeing friends.  We are sorting out our risk and also being cautious and overly careful.   

I am also aware that as I am feeling some lifting of the burden of corona virus guidelines, there are thousands and thousands and thousands of families who are mourning the loss their family members.  Almost 100,000 dead.   Millions of people without work or sorting how to be safe if they go back to work or remain at work.  Division continues to be sown.  

And tomorrow is Memorial May.  Remembrance.  Remembering those who have lost their lives.   Those that are no longer here.  Those lost in fighting our wars.  And for this year so much more.  Who will be honored and what will we remember?

Comments