Skip to main content

Sunday Movements

 All windows open.  Sunshine.  Blue skies.  It was the first morning that I drank my tea on the side porch.  Listened to NPR and soaked up this first time.  Imagined summer days and felt renewed for the tasks I had for today.  

I packed up winter wear that was still on the porch, I don’t think that it was until this morning that I really felt that it was ok to put them away.  

I began cleaning things up putting extra things for the porch in another bin that I will put in the garage.  The sheets are washed for the day bed, the comforter put away.  



I had to drive to East Millinocket this morning, to get my loaner laptop.  The pictures are from my drive.  I made a lot of stops along the way.  Oh it felt good.  

I am still feeling my way around the pc so am blogging tonight on my iPad, and I don’t have a good command of how to easily move around ( I can’t figure out how to get my font back!)

I uncovered my side and front flower beds.  Stooping often to marvel that there are actually buds and greening on the trees and bushes.  So long we have waited for this part of spring.  

Such a good day. Sheets on the clothesline.  Birds singing loudly.  The river running wild.  The sun shining brightly.  Porch time.

Another week ends and begins. I am very aware that over 90,000 people have died in the U.S.A. For the Coronavirus.  My heart is heavy.  It is hard to see how this will get better.  Yet I hold out hope that we will rise up.  For today I will acknowledge deep appreciation for a beautiful day.  For the growth and greening of spring.  I’ll take another one of these days tomorrow.




Comments