Skip to main content

Moving through Saturday and it was Lovely!

Bog time and Black Flies (Spring 2019) 
It was a cooler day today.  Red Flag warnings, as the wind was still gusting.  The sun was bright and the sky was so very clear.   My lupine are coming up, and I am so so very happy!  I love the lupine and hope that they just take over, I don't care!  It will be just fine.

Other parts of the flower beds look pretty sad, not sure yet what is going to come up or if things just died over the winter.  Tonight is a frost warning.  Eighty-five yesterday frost warning tonight!  

Today was a day without anything scheduled.  It felt great.  I sat at the new drop down desk at the kitchen window, wrote in my journal and drank my tea.

I had toast with Houlton Farms butter and french breakfast radishes.  Oh I love them and was so happy when they arrived in my misfits box this week.  I listened to AM Joy, and just kind of putzed around the house.  

I wrote some cards, and headed off to the post office and to golden ridge.  I love the vista's here --- I did not take any pictures today --- you can just imagine in your mind's eye a beautiful vista that fills your heart and just opens you up wide --- that is what kept happening to me so many times on my ride this a.m.  

I stopped at Ada's,  it is very good to have Ada as my farm stand friend.  I woke up thinking about her today, and thinking about tomatoes, she grows great tomatoes.   I told her that I was thinking about her this morning.  She laughed and said that she was thinking of me this morning and hoping that I would come by.  We had a nice long visit.  It was her husband's birthday today and the kids were inside cranking ice cream,   she was sad it wasn't done because she wanted me to have a taste!  Maybe another day.   Then I went back up the road to Mary Miller, she sells beautiful baskets and i got a laundry basket and a hanging planter of lovely flowers.     

I just ran outside to get the the flower planter, as I remembered that I had just said there was frost warnings for tonight.  The flowers are safely on the floor in the kitchen.   Not only are they beautiful, I am sure that I will post a picture sometime, but they have already done their job of attracting hummingbirds.  I saw them idling in the air, and it was another heart bursting moment.  

I bought a dozen donuts for the workers at Richardson's Hardware and Greenhouse.  It was fun to stop and drop them off on the way home.  Saturday is donut day at a number of the Amish stands.  

I had posted on Thursday that the stands were not open,  shout out to  MJ Trani,  she got it right,  the community did not work because of religious holiday, Ascension Day.  They may close some Thursdays to provide help within the community but that is not often.  I appreciate how open Ada is when I ask questions.  And I always enjoy listening to how she responds.

As the weekend turned cooler,  I have gotten all of the winter clothes out of the closet and shelves.  Now I will bring out the summer clothes.  They will be ready when the weather makes it's final turn towards summer.

I got more fiddleheads today,  ate fiddleheads for lunch and for supper.  They are so good when just picked.   I like them best steamed and then served with butter and ume plum vinegar.

Good food,  spring tastes - fiddleheads,  fava beans, fennel, microgreens....I do yearn for  morels and ramps tastes from spring in midwest, but fiddleheads will do quite nicely.  

A good day of  expansiveness in the vista's, in my having  all the time I need,  and in a deeply satisfying nap.  

A good Saturday,  work done,  good food made and eaten, good time with friends on phone and fun plans made for the next week.   Semblances of normalcy.  Another week ending and beginning.  One more Saturday night.....

Comments