Skip to main content

Auction - Texas Style

Today we drove south of Houston to an auction,  Jackie has gone to the auctions of this family owned business for a number of years.  She had not been for awhile so there were lots of "greetings" and "how are you" and "glad you are here", they were glad to have someone from Maine and I was happy to be out on a glorious day.  This auction started out with selling the property and house, I had never seen a real estate auction before, and this was not very exciting as there was only one bidder.  First round ended, and the owners needed to be called, they had the final say on accepting a bid, they did not.  Round 2 started and the same bidder raised his price by $8,000.  One more phone call to the owners and once again they said no.  The auction ended, and the bidder and the owner and people from the auction house had a private phone call and a price was agreed upon and the house was sold.  We then started the with things in the garage, the video above is from our time outside! 

The auction kept moving along, and there was a set time for the auction of Mercedes Benz. it had 67,000 miles was spotless and had impeccable upkeep, it went for $15,750.  I was thinking of Janis Joplin singing of her desire to have a Mercedes Benz, she would have gotten a great deal today.   

I had made some notes for a few things that I could easily ship back home to Maine.  I got brass candlesticks,  several bags of jewelry (each with a few really sweet treasures), and a box of linens.  I will like bringing out my new cloth napkins and putting a new table cloth out and thinking of this gloriously beautiful day in Texas. 

Returning home it was time for some more basketball,  I was not really into watching except that who could not be captivated by #11 Loyola of Chicago and Sister Jean!  They looked great in the first half but Michigan rose to the occasion and they will be in the championship game on Monday.  I myself am still replaying parts of the two games from yesterday, what a good day for women's basketball!  Tomorrow is the women's championship and I am looking forward to seeing how they play after such intense semi-final games. 

I did spend time today doing a "dry run" packing up my box that will be sent back to Maine and packing my two suitcases and making sure that everything will fit into my three travel bags.  It did, and I will soon be rolling my suitcases up to the train and getting ready for my next 28 hour trip through Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. 

To all of my observant friends wishing you well on this Passover and Easter.  I hope that it is a clear night and you can all enjoy the Blue Moon! 

Comments