Skip to main content

It's Friday it's Sweet Sixteen!

Well we are not quite at the Final Four, but I so like to be reminded that Mississippi State beat Connecticut last year at the Final Four and I was in Dallas, I watched the game and it was really really fun!  Now as I type I am watching Mississippi State roll over North Carolina State in the Sweet Sixteen.

Today I began my house sitting duties and companion to Boo the kitty.  Jackie is off for a week with her family, they are going to be spending time on the gulf coast and I am continuing my urban living. After Jackie set off for Corpus Christi I continued my very low key day with a walk that included another stop at the optometrist to get my new glasses fitting better.  Then some time for reading, napping and reheating of Chinese leftovers!

I spent several hours on Ancestry today filling in my family tree.  I have been able able to get to great great grandparents for everyone except my paternal grandmother.  So far I am finding nothing except her name...I know that there was a divorce but so far I am not getting any "leafs" to help build my tree!  It has not all been leafless trees as I have found out more about my father's family than I have ever known, including that my paternal grandmother was born in Baltimore, Maryland.  On my mother's side, my grandfather's mother  was born in Texas,  and her mother was born in Germany.  Most of the time for both sides of my family was spent living in Illinois,  mostly in the southern and central part of the state.

I continue to work on this tree as I wait for my DNA results and see if I find out anything more than my mother used to say.  I remember when I came home from grade school working on a "where is your family from" project,  my mother was not relishing my questions and exasperated she said, "you are American".  I of course did not like that answer but years later I understand how very true her answer was.  My response through the years has often been,  "any country that marched through Europe".  So now many years later I am going to get a little more specific information!

Where ever I have come from, I know that I truly like watching and supporting Women's basketball.  My brackets are pretty busted, but Mississippi State is really looking good as they move through the tournament.  Baylor who I have going all the way to the Final Four is really struggling against Oregon State, and I am going to have to do lots of cheering for them if they are going to get to the Elite Eight!

Tomorrow I go bowling!  Lesbian afternoon at the Bowling Alley!  Looking forward to it.  It is a good end to week, a happy Friday and another weekend of Women's Basketball!

Comments