Skip to main content

Houston is Blooming

There was no train ride today, I slept until 8:30, which for me is really really late.  There was a little bit of a chill in the air when I walked to the neighborhood Kroger.  Kroger was a Chicagoland grocery when I was a kid.  The store still has its original Art Deco facade and is just a few blue cos from the house.  I took pictures of all these great azaleas and other blooming bushes but I have not figured out the technology on my iPad, a little learning activity for me this week.  I love grocery shopping, I have the same feeling in a grocery store or coop as some people have in a mall.  I love to see local items and check out the veggies and organic items.  How fun to walk in the sun and feel the warmth on my face and seeing all the wonderful signs of spring.  There are flowers blooming, the azaleas are everywhere, and  there are flowering trees just starting to bloom.  There is green grass, lawn mowers and leaf blowers making noise.

I walked a few blocks in the other direction to have lunch, by then it was a warm 69 degrees and more flowers.  I had house made lemonade.  Watched  people and bought “rainbow cake” to have for dessert tonight.

Today I took a nap, fussed around in my room and settled into my space for the next three weeks.  

I cooked supper and now I am ready for “ rainbow cake” and more blooming flowers. 

Comments