Skip to main content

The Crescent to New Orleans: Blogging Across the Country

Months of planning, two snow delays, an overnight in New York City, and I am just listening to the conductor welcome us aboard the Crescent to New Orleans.  There is snow on the ground in New Jersey and bands of blue in the sky.  I love the big windows and the rolling of the train.  Just passed Whole Foods in Trenton and some beautiful big old homes and now a brief stop in Trenton.  Passengers hurriedly getting onto the train, bu died up against the wind and cold.   Rolling along backyards and the places you don’t see from the road.  It is quiet in the sleeper cars.  The train just moves along whizzing  past stations and towns.  It’s a train trip, 28+hours.  Traveling routes I have never traveled before.    On my  way to green, warm, azaleas and the southern pace.  It’s an adventure and I am ready to go and to bring you along with me.  May the stories begin.

Comments