Skip to main content

Big Thunder Storms and New Glasses!

It was slow going this morning,  I was up many times in the night it was not quite a mid-western sounding thunder storm, but it was intense and loud!  The thunder rolled in a way that I hadn't ever heard, it was low and grumbling and went on and on.  The rains came down, and then there was the drip, drip, drip just outside the window.  After who knows how long I was able to go back to sleep.  I was glad to sleep and slowly started my morning.  Late morning I got word that my glasses had arrived and that they were ready to pick up!  I have my new glasses, they feel great, I am seeing great, and I think that we figured out all the adjustments so that they fit just right.   I like the new look, whimsical, fun and a little studious!

With new glasses in tow I went back to the house and spent time doing more genealogy, found out the years the my birth father was in the service.  My fraternal grandmother is still a mystery and I hope that I will find some clue soon!  Meanwhile I wait for my DNA results and wonder if there will be any news or surprises!

My treat today was a long Skype with Serafina.  My long long time sister friend.  She is in Siracusa, and six years ago today I was visiting her there.   Serafina and I met in 1976 when I moved to Madison, toddler in tow to go to UW Madison.  She was one of my teachers, we struck up a friendship, her sons babysat my daughter.  We have remained friends through the decades and many life changes.  She will soon be traveling to Spain and England and then back to her farm in Wisconsin,  I will be meeting her there in mid-May.  She thought my glasses reminded her of peacocks, she loved them.  I was thrilled to have her approval.

I have such appreciation for having the time, the space, the resources to just have these days.  I am enjoying my time and I am appreciating the moments when I think about what is next.  I feel the care and anticipation of my friends Karen and Jen as we are all excited about my stop on my spring journey.

I am glad for the moments, the depth of friendship, of being able to be present. And being able to see clearly with my new prescription as I wear my beautiful peacock colors in my frames! 



Comments