Skip to main content

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - In Houston

Oh my,  I am still reeling after seeing Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri .  What a movie, what acting, and what a story.  I knew from the trailers and reviews that this was not a "easy viewing" movie, but WOW!

Before watching the movie I walked to Whole Foods Market    I had to find something to ease the itching from bug bites and find another something to help deter them from biting me!  I know that this is a problem that my friends on the east coast and up north would wish they had at the moment. But the bad news is that there are no-see-ums and whatever else flying around inside and outside and they are loving my ankles and more!  So it was off to the store to find some effective, good ingredient stuff to help me out!
 
This walk was further away and took me over to the Montrose Neighborhood check out the link here on the neighborhood it is a little more juicy and diverse than the Hyde Park Neighborhood  and I actually saw more walkers, runners, and dogs pulling along their people than on any other walk.

With Ssssting Stop and  Skeeter Screen in tow I headed back to Jackie's.  And Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.   It was a powerful movie and absolutely clear why it won Academy Awards.   I have to say that there were several times that I closed my eyes as I anticipated what might occur.  A powerful movie and I think that I am now ready for A Wrinkle in Time!

So along with movies, walks, good eating and visiting with Jackie I am also filling out my family tree on Ancestry.  This has been motivated by my sending in for my DNA results.  I just received an email that said the lab was now processing my results so it should be soon!  I have quite a lot of information regarding my Mother's side of the family (the Washington's and Stanford's) , but my father's (Mowry) is a mystery.  He was gone when I was 2 years old and there was absolutely no contact, communication or information ever.  I have a few pieces of information and I have decided to see what might turn up as I begin the process of hunting and collecting "leafs" on the Ancestry website.

This time in Houston has more solitude than what will happen as I travel west and then north. I am able each day to just enjoy being on vacation.  I am glad to be out of cold and the snow.  And I am going to go the  Museum of Fine Arts tomorrow, to one of their homes and gardens.  No movies, no walks to the grocery....just beautiful things, amazing landscapes and a historical home!  Enjoying the jewels of Houston. 






Comments

Unknown said…
I'm hooked! Write on!