Skip to main content

Sunday in Houston


It is not Easter yet but there are big eggs in the neighborhood! The picture is of the “across the street” neighbor’s yard.  Every day the eggs move around!  I wonder if the Easter bunny will take them or what an egg hunt will look like!  There are four year old twins a boy and girl who play with the eggs!

It was warm today and I put on long sleeves because the air conditioning was running!  There was a weather alert earlier today, I heard it and thought it would be about heavy rains, but there t was about a fire warning.  The humidity was below 20% and the winds higher so there was beware of fire risks. This when it was 15 degrees in Maine.

This afternoon I went to the “LOAF” meet and greet.  LOAF stands for Lesbians Over Age Fifty!  This social group has been meeting regularly for over 40\years.  I was introduced to members of LOAF last year when I spent one week in the hospital in Houston.  There was s a great  lesbian network across the country and when they found out I was from Maine and in Methodist Hospital in Houston, women reached out, visited and I spent Easter with the LORD AF group last year.  Today was a monthly meet and greet, over 25 lesbians met at the Montrose Center.  The Montrose Center is the GLBTQ center of Houston, it is impressive the groups that meet there every day.  They are open 7 days a week and truly meet the needs of their community.

Today we had a PhD Medical School student who taught breathing and meditation exercises!  I had a great time, loved the diversity in the room and was reminded of that true southern hospitality!  It has been awhile sine I was in a room with that many other Lesbians, it felt good!   I am going to go bowling with the “Loafers” on Saturday, and meeting up with some women during the week.  Looking forward to have a Houstonian show me around the city.

Back at home, more TV viewing.  Watched Clarkson win the Frozen Four Wonen’s Hockey Tournament  in overtime, they were playing in Minneapolis.  Then back to Women’s Basketball!  I have to stay up late to see Minnesota.

Oh and along with Lesbians, hockey and basketball I made Shrimp Scampi, it was scrumptious!  Gulf shrimp was so tasty.  Some leftovers for lunch tomorrow!   It is Sunday it is a really good day.

Comments