Skip to main content

A Day at the "Guest House"

Today the former Guest House of the Mill Owners was opened up for the Katahdin Collaborative Visioning Sessions.   I went to two sessions today - one of Age Friendly Communities and Existing and Emerging Threats.  They were good sessions and there are more all day tomorrow. 

I don't have the same enthusiasm as I did last night, but it has been a long week.  I feel weighed down by the way the republican leadership is handling the supreme court nominee hearings.  The way that women continue to be treated if they dare to name sexual abuse.  My heart breaks for Dr. Ford.  The price paid is so high.  I feel so weary as more and more imbalance occurs in Washington, DC.   My words won't come right now.  There are days that the situation we find ourselves in my this president and his party is so deplorable and horrendous it is just plain hard to cope with. 

Meanwhile, tomorrow is the autumnal equinox at 9:54 p.m. est.  I am hoping that the rain and wind will go away, it is gusty, raining and very cool tonight.  Tomorrow the sun is supposed to shine. am going to meet a friend for a little ritual in the afternoon.  Taking a break from visioning.  I brought some lovely pumpkin tarts over to Rick and Jan, beginning my traditions for the fall equinox!  Grounding in the sharing of the bounty, the harvest, balance and transitions.  We are moving into the dark and going within.  The days are getting shorter.  The seasons change and we get to live with and in those changes.  Bring on the colors.


Comments