Skip to main content

Radio Silence Broken - End of Week Blog



The last day that I blogged it was Sunday,  a day of the Equinox and it was in nature only that any balance could be felt this week.  I started the week beginning to feel not so good and then I wrenched my back.  Plans had to be cancelled and I gingerly moved through my days trying to do good self care at a time when the national news and democratic process (or lack thereof) ripped at my heart and soul.

The magnitude of disconnect between good news in the Katahdin Region:  5 days of very good visioning workshops and news of a over 5 Million dollar grant to revitalize the mill site.  The bad news:  US Senate Judiciary Committee Republican members and Leadership, the arrogant terrifying reaction of a man thinking he would not get what he is entitled to - a seat on the supreme court and the continued polarization not only in our national political bodies but across our nation.

My heart is heavy.  I do not believe that we are as polarized as we are made to believe through our media and social networking.  We saw glimpses today of Senators acknowledging and imploring that civility and real bipartisan discussions - remembering that our work is for the people of the United States not a political power or branch of government.

I believe Dr. Ford.

We are all flawed it is a part of the human condition,  it is how we respond and how we become conscious of those flaws that guides our lifelong journey. There are our own personal flaws and there are institutional and historical conditions, male dominance, white privilege, subservience of women, unbridled capitalism, class inequality and racism.  The intersection of these and our own personal beliefs and actions are on center stage right now.  And it is not pretty. 

I have been doing what one does in the fall.  Harvesting.  I have made seafood stock and canned it up.  I made vegetable beef soup and canned that as well.   I have apples that are ready for applesauce - the pink kind made without peeling the skins.  I am beginning those little steps of preparing for the winter.   All while conscious that there are mid-term elections.  Doing my part to help get out the vote.  Harvesting, Hoping. Taking stock.
 

Comments

EE said…
Keep going! Some positive things happened this afternoon and some brave individuals who showed up and were able to speak and have their voices heard despite the mind numbing din and faux title wave of “done deal voices” and their powerful mega buck interest groups that fund them and manipulate the cultural context in agonal last gasp breaths of near final iirrelavancw and anachronistiy. Small wins each day by people who keep getting up each morning, prepare and who keep trying, keep speaking and keep connecting with real humans living real lives despite overwhelming obstacles and intentional attempts of fake hopelessness and puffed up power will almost always win In the moments that matter. We’ve been here before and we know the way. Keep going, keep leading and bring along more folks at each step who can see the truth and help the cause and keep making the connections.