Skip to main content

Morning at the Monument Visitor's Center



We have a beautiful NPS Contact Station in Millinocket.  I am here this morning and I really enjoy how beautiful our space is and always enjoy when people come in to visit and get information.  Of course the "Passport" stamp in a big deal for all National Park enthusiasts and I like when they share their big with me or tell stories of their park adventures.

Today no visitors yet!  So I get to catch up on things I wanted to do this a.m. from my computer including finishing my blog for today. 

I am sitting looking out the window onto Penobscot Avenue (right in the middle of our 23 block "Main Street").  We are directly across the street from the Town Municipal Building and the Maine District Court,  taxes are due on the 27th, so people are going in and out, and a few people are walking along the street.  Many of the "walkers" have just come from or are going to the AT Cafe.  The occasional through hiker walks by, probably on their rest day before they hike to the top of Mt. Katahdin and get to the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail cafe.

Another "to do" that I finished this morning was booking my flight and hotel for my Thanksgiving visit to Chicago.  The family is meeting in Chicago - Myah who is at Loyola University got to decide if she wanted to go back to Minnesota or stay in Chicago!  She is going home in October and decided to stay on campus and with family for T-Day holiday.  I am at the hotel which is about a half-block from campus, and am looking forward to getting the grand tours and spend time in my home town city!

Life is good.  I enjoy doing my VIP duties.  September is a beautiful month.  It is the middle of the week and tonight is another WNBA Finals game.  Go Washington,  it is win or be done!

Comments