Skip to main content

Oops, Sunday Rest! Labor Day Blog!

A Picture of Things to Come - Not Today Though!  Still Green and NO Snow!
Today is Labor Day,  in years past I might have gone to a Labor Rally.  It would mean the last day of Minnesota State Fair.  The unofficial end of summer.  The day I would leave for a week at Stout's Island Lodge!  I have had a very low key holiday weekend.  Yesterday I had some good phone check in's:  Kathy and Irv, Katherine and Robert, and Sasha. 

Besides talking on the phone, I did a little "transitioning" - taking the most summery of my clothes and put them away, and got out a few more light sweaters and long sleeves!  I made a Pear Upside Down Cake that I took for supper with the Moscone's and the Fanjoy's.   After phone calls and baking I watched the 4th games of the WNBA Playoffs, wow what basketball!  Both teams that were facing elimination won and we are on to game 5 on Tuesday night.  What a series!  I am still rooting for Washington and Seattle!  

For today the sun is shining and I am going to take a little ride on the mountain bike I checked out at the Gear Hub!  I might do a little more in the house things and will be doing a little cooking.  It is a fine Labor Day.  I am finding myself ready for fall.  For today I am enjoying the warmth of the sun and a hint of a cool breeze in the air.  

Happy Labor Day to you.

Comments