Skip to main content

Feelings of Community

How fun to spend the afternoon at the town park.  Day 2 of the Trails End Festival was full.  Started with the small but very mighty parade,  I walked with the Katahdin Artists, but stepped out to take their picture, and get snaps of the rest of the parade. 




The last pic is the LL Bean Boot,  it was just in Madison, WI and I am wondering who saw it at Hilldale?  

After the parade I went home for breakfast and another cup of tea.  Then off to Veteran's Park to volunteer at the Woods and Water booth! 
Emilie at the Beekeeping Association Booth,  best beekeeper model ever!

Meghan, Taylor and Marion at the Library Booth Talking About the Future Library Renovations

Gus (17 years old) Fiddler extraordinaire!

Baxter State Park,  the staff were all at the Library this week!  Fun neighbors KWW was next to them!





It is so heartwarming to be able to stop and talk and give and get greetings.  There are many people I don't know, but there sure are a lot that I know, who have become my friends who have come to our house and mine to theirs.  They are people that I volunteer who share in the love of the area, the belief in Millinocket.   I bid Marion up at the Pie Auction,  the AT Lodge Blueberry Pie was highest bid $105.00 dollars.  I dropped out at $40.00 for the Chocolate Pie!  I should have kept bidding! 

Miranda and I having fun at the Baxter Photo Booth
I helped get our stuff to the NPS truck, made plans with Chris (the Ranger) for tomorrow, stopped in at the house, and then got a text from friend asking to check out some things that got left when they went home from camp on Thursday.  So I headed out to  Ambajajesus Lake.  What a gift,  I had planned to go home and have a nap, but the decision to head out to the camp was the best.  It was just serene,  beautiful end of day light, colors, birds, views all just soothing to the soul.  I did a couple of Facetime calls so that my friends could see how beautiful it was.....here is a glimpse for you:



Tonight there is pub crawl, but I made puttanesca and pasta.  Made a vodka and tonic.  Ate my supper and sat on the back porch until the mosquitoes started buzzing around. 

What a good day.  I wished I had gotten the pie!  I got a whole lot more though!  Good Saturday night to you.


Comments