Skip to main content

It's summer again in Millinocket

The porch at Milly Haven was blissful this morning.  Sunlight, warmth and a good cup of tea.  I wrote letters and postcards, got a package ready to go in the mail and made my "to do" list.  Checked things off the list:  go to post office - pick up veggies at Trailside Country Store - drop off check to Tina.  Each errand turned into time visiting with folks and catching up something that happens more and more the longer that I live here in Millinocket.  Letters and package mailed and I got great fresh organic veggies from Trailside:  delicata squash, acorn squash, yellow and red tomatoes, garlic and another fall squash that I can't remember the name. 

This afternoon was my book group.  This is the first group since summer break and for me it was even longer because I was gone in April and May.  So, it was fun to get back together to not only share our ideas about our book (The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules  by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg) but we also shared stories about the summer, time at camp and our travels both taken and planned. 

I had an early supper and then opened up the library for the Baxter State Park program "Reading the Rocks".  It was a fun and very informative program about the formation of Katahdin and how the range was formed. 

A full day that had a few times for watching the tv to see what was happening with hurricane Florence and of course the destructive hurricane that is the current president of the United States.  Now I am in for the day, the kitchen is cleaned up and I am ready to snuggle in for the night. 

It is Thursday, tomorrow begins the Trails End Festival, lots of fun things to do all weekend.  Life in Millinocket is full and fun and for now filled with warmth and sunshine!

Comments