Skip to main content

Friday NIght in Bangor

Half-time in Game 1 of the WNBA finals!  Seattle is looking very good, and Washington is looking tired and trying to hang in there.  It is fun to watch the game and feel the cool breeze.

Today was a picture perfect fall day.  Started out very cool, and it took me awhile to sort out what I was going to wear to the volunteer huddle at 9 a.m.   It has been over 6 months of wearing warm weather clothes, have hardly put on a jacket, but today I put on jeans and long sleeve shirt and brought along my corduroy shirt just in case I was cool.

Fun meeting today,  lots of laughter and camaraderie and of course Matt brought Dunkin' Donuts (which I did not eat).

Before the meeting I made almond banana bread.  Having the oven on helped to warm up the kitchen and the smells while baking filled the house.  I enjoyed my hot tea that I drank on the porch while the sunlight poured in through the windows.

I had to do some planning when I got home from the meeting.  I would be leaving for Bangor and staying overnight.  Meeting SAGE folks for lunch tomorrow then heading back up north.  Tomorrow is the Gardiner Farms Farm to Table Suppah', Meghan and I are going and I am looking forward to a fun filled time and a great menu!

I am staying at a cabin on "South Twin" Saturday and Sunday.  It may be cool, but there should be brilliant sunshine and I have a book I need to read before book club on Thursday so I will be content to sit at the window watch the water and read away!  I love being close to the water and I am looking forward to seeing how the season change and the cooler weather will change the lake.  I am thinking that it will be much more quiet and I will be grateful for that. 

So there is a little bit of traveling, some great food,  good people and good food in store for me over the next couple of days.  I am so appreciative that my new found friends invite me to their camps, allow me to visit by myself.  What a gift! 

Another gift today was listening to President Obama as I drove from Millinocket to Bangor!  I loved listening to him talking to the students at University of Illinois.  He challenged us about democracy.  He took aim at this destructive administration.  He challenged us all about participation in democratic process.  He reminded us it is always worth it to make things more better to not sit out because it is not perfect! 

He reminded us how important this moment is in our country.  The choices we have at this time.  He spoke in full sentences.  He included us all.  He challenged us all.  At one point I just sat in the car engine off taking it all in. 

It is Friday, it is September,  there are frost warnings in the Katahdin Region and there is a blow out in Seattle in game one of the finals. 

Enjoy your weekend.  Mine is off to a very good start!

Comments