Skip to main content

Farm to Table Suppah'

I am almost off the grid so my photo's are not downloading from my phone to my laptop!  Photo's may need to be inserted later...  AND HERE THEY ARE!!!!



What a fine fall day.  The weather was beautiful, the sun brilliant, the angle of the light so very fine.   Started the day in Bangor, had lunch at Sea Dog Brewery with the SAGE group.  Then headed back to Millinocket.  Dropped off things at "camp" on South Twin.

Picked up Meghan, and I drove us to Stacyville for the Farm to Table Suppah'.   Started with an amazing squash soup.  Then braised short ribs with smashed potatoes and loads of Gardiner Farm veggies:  yellow and green beans, broccoli, sweet corn and carrots.  It was so yummy.   Dessert was Chocolate Zucchini Lava Cake.  Oh my.

The drive home was such a beautifully painted sky and landscape and I arrived back at "camp" before it was really dark.

I have great pictures of my evening but they are not going to download with my hotspot.

I am a tired, happy woman.  Today was filled with good friends, easy driving with great views, wonderful fun. and feelings of community and camaraderie.

It is still a delightful surprise when I go somewhere and I know people, we remember when we last saw each other, we share stories and most of all we bask in the enjoyment of being with each other again. 

Such a gift to be present, to be in the moment, to connect.

I hope to connect with my "photo's" soon.  I want to share with you the wonders of harvest in the "county".  For now you can just imagine.  It is Saturday night, and  I am very grateful camper.





Comments