Skip to main content

LOVE PEOPLE COOK THEM GOOD FOOD




I love Penzey's the great herb and seasoning company in Wisconsin.  That business knows their truth,  lives by their values, shares their abundance and speaks out.  A business that has a great product and I love who they are and what they believe!  They have  this great bumper sticker that is on our refrigerator:  Love People Cook Them Good Food.  That is what I did today,  preparing good food is salve for my soul,  I made Basil Pesto from the garden of Bob and Gail Fanjoy and I made Quinoa Tabouli using many good veggies from Trailside Country Store.  Tomorrow I will take the well marinated Tabouli to a potluck in Patten.  The pesto is in the freezer and I look forward to sharing pesto meals with friends later this fall or in the winter. 

My blog from yesterday has been opened more times than any other blog I have written,  at this writing the blog has been opened 300 times.  The likes, hearts, comments and shares have been heartwarming and so unexpected.  There was not a lot of time between my first thought that I needed to do a blog that validated a woman's experience and before my head had much time to kick in my heart led me to the keyboard and I tried to share some relevant Me Too moments in my own life.  I felt compelled to do this because we have so far to go still to ensure safety for women, girls, boys, men to share when sexual abuse or harassment has happened to them.  Denials are always so very very loud.  We are living in a time where this is not only about Supreme Court Justice nominees, but priests, bishops, and cardinals in the Catholic Church, and in major board rooms and the halls of Congress.  Just remember what we have learned about the money spent to hush up women who have been abused by congressmen.  What we have learned about the process that puts the accuser on trial and the abuser protected through the administrative process for congressmen.  There is still much that needs to be done. 

I also know that I am well.  I have not survived abuse, I have thrived in spite of abuse.  I am glad that I spontaneously wrote a blog about my own sexual abuse.  I am really glad that I had lots of time today to prepare good food.  It is Monday and we each have choices to be made every day.  I thank you for acknowledging my choice yesterday.  Take care and Be Well. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE Penzy products and use them almost daily. It's good to have a blogger who is so involved in the Community and is willing to put herself "out there" and have valuable discussions.