Skip to main content

Oh What a Beautiful Friday



One of the successes in helping to celebrate Millinocket and the Katahdin Region is the Trails End Festival - a weekend of bringing hikers and people from the region together to all celebrate the beauty of the Northern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail and Millinocket.   The weather could not be better in the 80's today, sunshine and lots of people who are finishing up their hike on the AT trail.   The AT Lodge was beyond full and 15 people volunteered to spend the day clearing along the AT trail.  People were tired, happy and enjoyed the Trail Feed as a kick off to the Festival.  

The music was good, and it was a good evening meeting new people and hearing their stories.  It has been a busy week.  I am aware that I am itching to get into my studio.  The last of my cozie pint glasses was sold today at Woods and Water.  I have been thinking about the next ones that I will make for them.  I have a new batch of berets that I am ready to needle felt.   When this hot weather ends and it is cooler, there is more pull to felt and sew and work in my studio. 

Fall is coming, we are in the last official days of summer.  It will soon be a time to "go within", tapping that creative spirit.  Harvesting and putting up for winter.  I am aware of the hurricane of the devastation that will befall many people.  I am sad for the people in MA whose homes blew up.  I am hopeful that November will bring us a different Congress and that we can slow down the devastation of this administration.  All of this is real and it is also good to do what I can to be a part of my community.

For today it was full tilt summer like.  The sun was hot.  The light was bright.  It was a great beginning of the weekend, a great beginning of a Festival.  A fine Friday. 

Comments