Skip to main content

Big Wind Gusts and the Lost Box

The idea that I would be walking and hopping on and off the light rail today, just didn't happen!  I block and it was clear that it was no fun being out in the heat and wind today.  So I changed my plans and had a great day hunkering down on the 12th Floor and listening to the winds whipping around! 

 After the aborted morning walk I got a text from my Millinocket neighbor,  the wayward box was delivered back to my house. 
We made a plan, and she is now sending the box back to me in Phoenix,  at this point I would say, whatever is in there I don't need, but the reality is my hiking shoes are in the box and I soon will be going hiking so I need and want my shoes.  Hopefully the box will arrive by the beginning of the week!  What a saga and it is not done yet.  So with many thanks, we came to a plan, double checked the address and hopefully it left the Millinocket post office late this afternoon!

Then onto the mundane,  I unpacked my suitcases.  I hung up clothes sorted through the little pockets in my  suitcase and felt good about getting a little organized for my time in Arizona.  I washed dishes, made breakfast and lunch and did a general pick up! 

Then I turned to planning the next few days and weeks.   After a consult with Linda  (her blog is on my blog site, listed on the blogs that I follow, read it!)  about the film, I bought a ticket for tomorrow's showing of Phantom Thread - I am going to see the film at an Indie film bar,  called surprisingly:  FilmBar it is a fun sounding, funky movie art house that has a great bar,  so part of tomorrow's adventure wind or not will be going for a drink, snacks and a showing of Phantom Thread.  I am looking forward to the film, especially after reading Linda's review of the movie!  A step back in time in London, a fun way to start the weekend. 

This weekend I move back to the Valley Paradise dwelling.  I am doing animal and house sitting and will return back to the Urban Oasis on Tuesday! 

I spent a good part of the afternoon texting and talking with a friend,  she has a cabin near the Coconino National Forest and the once famous town of Winslow.  We are going up next Friday and staying a few days, with a visit to La Posada, a hotel that was once famous for it's stop bringing celebrities west and the Harvey Girls.   More on this all later! But for today figuring out dates, and getting a room and coordinating schedules.  I also got to have a good phone call with my daughter and I am aware of how happy I am that the next stop is Minnesota, I am ready for a good, long visit! 

It is fun as my days take shape, adventures dreamed and always trying to just be present in today.  So no great adventures today, but a real since of contentment and a little happiness that a new jigsaw puzzle arrived today and the frame is almost completed and I am beginning to fill in my Enchanted Forest.  I have been in Phoenix almost a week and it has been a delight!  Surprises, comfort, care and delights.  I have met new friends and have so enjoyed connecting and being with my friends of many years.  I have a idea of what the next week looks like and am beginning to think about time in Tucson and the mountains.  It is all good. 

It is Thursday, the howling of the winds has stopped and I am ready for another weekend in Phoenix!

Comments