Skip to main content

Special Edition Sunday Herd of Elk - OMG

I just watched at least 16 Elk out of the dining room and bedroom window of Just Desserts Cabin!  I have been hearing about the Elk since before I arrived and during dinner I said, "we have to quit talking about the Elk, I want to see one!'   About one hour later, Cindy is gone from the dining room table, and the motion sensor light went on and Cindy came back into the dining room with a big flashlight and said there are Elk outside the window.  Sure enough we had thrown out food scraps and a bucket of alfalfa and a mineral block.  There they were --- at least 10, Cindy said go in your bedroom and look out the window and they were casually grazing and looking up at us, and moving slowly along. 

It was majestic, such a gift.  We spent about a half an hour watching the Elk,  they were different sizes and every once in awhile they would just look right at window and seemed to say, yes we are here aren't you happy.

Yes I am.  Elk, beautiful Elk.  Young, old, big and small.  Funny white butts and beautiful eyes and ears.  Wow.  Happy happy happy Elk siting.

Comments