Skip to main content

It's Tuesday, I am enveloped in the mountains.

I feel the joy of the valley.  With each day that I am in Phoenix I am more aware and appreciative of all the mountains that literally create a ring around the city.  They do not look like Kathahdin or the range of mountains that flow along the west of Millinocket.  These are newer mountains,  they have no trees.  We are in the desert.  Today the weather was just beautiful, a sweet steady breeze, and the temperature in the 70's.  I am sitting with the sliders wide open and the it is almost that no weather weather, where when you move your arms nothing happens.  Bliss is what I think about that feeling.

Today I came back to the Urban Oasis, I loved that Abby, Jen and Karen all drove me back to the condo.  Abby and I developed quite the sweet bond, and I will miss not having her by my side tonight.  For some reason unknown to me I felt "tired" today, and I did take a long nap this afternoon, so watch out there may be middle of night posting if I am unable to go to sleep tonight at a reasonable time.

I have been aware that my home peeps are three hours ahead of me, so while I am approaching 7 pm  you are close to 10 pm,  and that are three hours of difference that put us in very different life zones,  I am getting ready to eat and you all are getting ready for bed.

I just watched a piece on PBS News Hour,  on Green City Utah,  a similar and different story, but one that resonated for us in Millinocket.  I will find the link and put it here later!  I realize that I am ready for supper and am going to walk to the hotel down the block and have some good tacos and who knows what else!  It is not good to blog while hungry, but here I am  and now you have to deal with my own diversions from typing!

The sun is setting and they sky and the mountain range have turned the most amazing lavendars and purples and pinks.  The mountains are more subdues and the range itself takes on more dimensions.

It is Tuesday and I am one happy happy camper.  Enjoying my adventures and enjoying life.  Blessings to Barbara Bush and Carl Kasell.  Carl was my surrogate father figure for many years  thank you for all the great years of listening and then you did comedy in Chicago.  Safe journey on Barbara and Carl.

Comments