Skip to main content

Patio Day at the Valley Oasis

It is hot in the valley today.  So I skipped a walk, as I couldn't pull myself out of bed very early this morning,  I woke up very early, but managed to get myself back to sleep and when I woke, yep it was hot!  I am not complaining, I am just acknowledging that I do not have good acclimation to the heat yet. 

I had a few internet errands and phone calls to make today and spent the morning checking off things on my list and listening to Karen and Jen as they accomplished back to back conference calls.

Mid afternoon Cindy, my cabin owner - Winslow going friend sent me a text and let me know that she had gotten an email letting her know that there was a fire in the area and what steps to take to start preparing if there needed to be an evacuation.  My dear friend Serafina (whose birthday is today) had her farmhouse burn to the ground 4 years ago,  fire can be unforgiving.  Cindy is asking for good wishes and prayers for the safety of people, animals and homes in northern Arizona.

I was pretty much of a couch potato today.  I watched the clouds and the pool and played with Abby.  I did whittle down my to do list.  I got texts from Debbie in Maine, our house was the staging area and was being used  by the Lucas St. Clair For Congress campaign. 

It was fun to keep getting photos of our house, and seeing people on our porch!  I know that as good as this vacation has been I am going to be so very happy to be back home in Millinocket when June 2nd comes!  It has been a great week, and I am happy to be in Phoenix.  I am spending a few days at the Valley Oasis, and then back downtown to the Condo and then off to Tucson!  The plans and possibilities just keep unfolding. 

It is almost 10 pm as I type,  that means it is 1 a.m. in Maine, Midnight in Minnesota, and time for me to go to bed in Arizona.  May you all be safe and enjoy the waning Moon.  It is moonlight bright here and I am hoping those moon beams just glow down upon you all. 

Comments