Skip to main content

Late Start but on the way to Maricopa!

What a day!  I am definitely on my railroad adventure again.  Got to the train station early, unfortunately the city of Houston is not attached to the a train station anymore.  They had one of the most amazing art deco buildings for their train station, they tore it down when they built the minute maid stadium...the train station is more reminiscent of a bus depot but that did not stop great connections.  I was early and the train was late but started a great conversation with Stacy and Stacy a couple from LA, who were returning home from a trip to Houston for Stacy's (wife) Dad birthday.  We had fun conversation talking about kids,  (we each have one) and politics (mostly similar).  It was fun to just have a roaming, wide ranging time getting to know each other.  An hour behind schedule the train pulled into the station,  we hurriedly got on, and they whisked us off to the dining car where I had a great meal with Chris.  She is traveling to Alpine, Texas.  We too talked about children, grandchildren, colleges, brains, genealogy and so much more.  We felt like fast friends and had to be kicked out of the dining car as they were "off duty".

I have some good photos leaving Houston at sunset, but there is no internet connection on the this train and I am linking to my phone!  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to be a little better at my tech skills.

For now,  I am a very happy camper.  My bed has been made, and I have extra blankets and the train is rolling along!  Chris gave me a preview of the morning and said to get up very early, that we will be in hill and mountain country of Texas, maybe see Antelope running along side the train!  She said it will be beautiful.  So with that I am off to sleep so I can be an early riser!  Next stop western Texas when I wake!


Comments