Skip to main content

Oops - The Saturday Review on Sunday!

Saturday in Phoenix was such a lovely day that I forgot to post my blog!  So here is a Saturday Review on Sunday Morning:

There are olive trees and mesquite trees and saguaro cactus and palms in the backyard at Valley Oasis!  The swimming pool is empty as it is in the beginning phases of being completely redone.  They have jack hammered and taken away all the old liner and tiles and there is a new row of beautiful tiles and next will be putting in the new liner, but for now the beautiful shaped and deep pool is empty, but the screened in patio is heaven.  Anyone reading who has known me for any amount of time has probably heard of my love of screen porches!  I love the in-between feeling, not outside not inside, the breeze comes through and you can see out, the bugs can't get in, I love it.  So I am getting an ample amount of porch time, can see the palms, the mountains, and hear the birds singing and cawing away!

My Saturday started so very slowly, I slept in and my body adjusted a little more to Pacific time,  it feels like a big difference in time from home in Millinocket.  We had avocado toast and fresh fruit for breakfast. We talked about our day and sketched out a plan for the weekend.  After a delightfully luxurious slow start to my day it was off for a little shopping!  In the past month I have bought food, some beer and wine and my eye glasses.  I needed some sandals so off to REI, which just happens to be in the neighborhood.  Even though I know live in Maine and do buy things from LL Bean, I love being a member of REI.    I bought new coral colored OluKai sandals and I think I will have very happy feet that will appreciate a little air in this desert climate.  I got a new pack-able sun protection hat and I am ready for my month in Arizona!  Then we did a little hot tub shopping, off to a consignment store where I scored some great bargains!

Then we were off to Panache!  A lesbian social gathering that met this month at Camp Social, it was a very fun place to hang out, and I am still so very happy to be hanging out outside and not be all bundled up.  A highlight of the gathering was meeting Cindy,  Cindy has lived in the East Valley since 1976 but she grew up in Mora, Minnesota.  We had lots to talk about, shared stories and six of us made plans to get together again before I head to my next stop, Minneapolis.

We ended the evening at Marigold Maison  I am still appreciating and fantasizing about their food!  I am inspired to try to up my game in Indian cooking when I return home,  I can even start practicing here so I can have a good menu for a late spring dinner in Millinocket when  I return.  We were out on the patio, drank a wonderful bottle of Rose and laughed, and talked and ate and ate!  Not a bad Saturday night.

Sunday brings another transition,  I am moving to the condominium.  The condo is a historically designated mid century building designed by Al Beadle, Executive Towers is the name of the building and you will find a picture on the link for the architect above.  So it will be urban living for me, two blocks from the light rail and unlimited adventures.

More to come, enjoy the day. 


Comments