Skip to main content

View from the 12th Story


Today is the first day that I will spend at my new digs for the month of April and the first week of May.  It is quite beautiful to see the mountain range just North of my building and I am in one of the tallest buildings so get quite a spectacular view to the North,  to the east are other big buildings, Central Avenue and the light rail.  We brought my things over to the condo along with some other necessities.  Karen hooked up the new "firestick" and Jen made up the bed, and I was doing a little orienting of my new surroundings.  Then we went down to get my package that I had sent on earlier.  That was the first  bad moment of my trip.  The USPS mail carrier did not leave my packages and we think they have sent them back to sender.  This is compounded by the reality that I tossed my USPS tracking form on Friday, because that package would have been delivered on Thursday, bad move on my part.  So my box is somewhere, hopefully it will go to my house in Maine.  I am sad about all the things that I had put in the box to have when I arrived, and know I will keep on trying to get to  trusting place that all will be well and that I will get my box next week after it goes from Phoenix to Millinocket and back to Phoenix.  When I think about all the grief and problems this is NOT the end of the world.

Now it is Sunday night and I am tucked into the my sweet apartment and doing little things to get myself "settled in"!   The lights are all coming on, and there is twinkling lights everywhere and a steady row of headlights moving around my view.  I am so very fortunate to be able to have this time and space.  I look forward to the adventures that I will have and for tonight I am hopeful that my box of precious little things will find it's way home to Millinocket!  Oy Vey  I am not over it yet! 

Comments