Skip to main content

HIgh Altitude Sunday Relaxation



What a day for a day dream...warm warm sun and just a whiff of a breeze a perfect any day but an absolutely perfect Sunday.  I woke up very early and watched the murder of crows eating the food that Cindy brought out for the animals,  it was in the very earliest of light and they were in charge and looking huge and very happy.  They were hop hop hopping around doing some kind of thankfulness for the food scraps or maybe a mating ritual who knows, not me!  But is was a fun show just before 5 a.m. this morning.  By 7 a.m. I knew there was no more resting for me, and I got up and started to prepare our Sunday Breakfast.  I made my favorite potatoes, boiled and then before done take out slice in half and brown on the stove top in olive oil.  Then I made a frittata. pushed the button for the coffee pot and brewed my tea!  Around 9 am the rest of the house stirred and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast and good bird watching as we ate, laughed and shared stories.

Then the porch beckoned!  Peanuts were put on the ledge and we had a blue jay show they flew in, picked up their peanut and went somewhere to hide them, and then returned for more peanuts!  I spent several hours coloring a post card, enjoying the sun, the breeze, the company and quiet was tonic to the soul.

Later in the afternoon Cindy and I took a spin around development there are several streets that are backed onto the canyon, spectacular!

It was a day of rest and day for the relaxation and appreciation.  The end/beginning of another week.  The weeks keep coming and going.  I am so grateful for each part of this trip, and I am also so glad that my excitement and my sureness about returning home to Millinocket remains in place.

It is Sunday, and we have had a fine bottle of Napa Pinot Noir, excellent toasts and conversation.  I returned to my blog so I had a little bit more creativity and openess before the light disappears.  There have been no 4 legged sightings today.  Many many birds, squirrels and good connections with new friends.

Tomorrow is a new week.  Time at LaPosada, a return to the valley, and getting ready for the next trip to southern Arizona!  Good night, good friendship.  sweet dreams.

Comments