Skip to main content

Lazy Day as Heat Rises



I have had a good good day.  I spent much of my day just looking out the window at the range of mountains to the north, noticing how they are similar and different than the mountain ranges in Maine that I have come to love so much.  We are in the desert, no trees or tree lines and the formations are so jagged and carved, the shapes are fascinating.   I get to see the buildings and the build up of new structures in the closest view from the 12th Floor, then there are smaller buildings, then trees and then desert floor that goes right up to an out croppings and the range that circles the city.

I spent a little time on Skype with Meghan working on some materials that we need for tomorrow mornings Operation Committee Meeting of the library.  We did some good work, visited a little, and joked about how early I would have to be up for the meeting tomorrow morning,  9:30 a.m.  EST, that translates to 6:30 a.m. for me in Phoenix!  I will need to set an alarm on my phone.

I took a little walk today, just to go to the grocery store.  Wonderful flowers an great landscaping and mid century buildings on the way to the store.  It is warm here, and the temperatures are way above normal, and it is possible that we will break heat records here in Phoenix this week, we were in the high 80's today and did not reach 90 but that will probably happen tomorrow or Wednesday.  It does not feel oppressive, and it is amazing how much difference there is in how it feels when you are in direct sun or in the shade.  It is important to have a good sun hat which I do, and I make sure that I am covered and protected from the sun!

Part of my day was spent trying to find out more information about my missing mail.  My homeopathic remedy is on its way  back to the pharmacy and they will call me when it arrives and we will agree upon a plan for me to get my package.  As for my priority mail box, I talked with the mail carrier today and they will be checking to see if the box has left Phoenix, if not it will be delivered here tomorrow.  If it is on it's way,  I know that it will soon  be in Millinocket.  Saga is not ended but the end is drawing near.

I want to say a little about the pictures that I posted today, the first was from my walk to the grocery store.  The next two are from the front of the building.  I love when owners make the decision to take the steps to be on the National Register of Historic Places,  it means that they are willing to use resources and be dedicated to the preservation of the building, and this is such an amazing mid century high rise!  My friend Karen is on the Board of the owners association,  they are making such needed and aesthetically pleasing improvements.  When I was in the lobby today, the front desk staff talked with me about how good it feels to see all the changes that are happening regularly.  I am just some very lucky and cared for woman, that is for sure.

I am spending evening at home.  Tomorrow I will buy my monthly pass for public transit, and I am going to the Heard Museum, they have a few special exhibits and I will once again see more of their permanent exhibits.  Don't know what will happen after that, but I will be on Central Avenue and who knows what will beckon to me.

It is Monday,  I am ready for a new week, and appreciating the "heat" of my spring fling!

Comments