Skip to main content

Step Back in Time and Be Present - LaPosada Hotel

What a great day.  Spent the early part of the morning watching the birds, getting my things in the car, stopping at the National Forest Service Visitor Center and then off to Winslow.  We arrived a little after noon at LaPosada !  Check in was 3 pm, but we brought our things to the reception desk and starting the amazing tour of every nook, granny, gallery and room!  I know you might be tired of reading about LaPosada, but I have to say that it is magical.  Please spend a little time on the website:  http://laposada.org/

They are lovingly and amazingly restoring and envisioning this Hotel into the future.  The artists are amazing,  the woman who is co-owner is really evocative and I enjoy her work (some is at the Smithsonian). Every place that your eyes rest is a treat.  And I am very happy to have this 24 hrs. at the Hotel.  I am already fantasizing next year's spring trip, and taking the train from Chicago to here, getting off for a couple of days before heading down to the valley for fun and connections!  This would be a great place for a party, and maybe (who knows) I might just throw one here.








We are staying in the Ed Ruscha Room, an artist of some fame.  There is a list of all the famous people who have stayed here, not sure where it is on the website, but it is there.  Amelia Earhart stayed here, and I was hoping to stay in the room named after her!

So my trip continues.  I like the surprises,  the connections and the unfolding of the days that have occurred.  After dinner tonight, while sitting in one of the public rooms the Amtrak train arrived.  I loved that I started this trip on a train in New York City,  I felt a wisp of nostalgia and longing to be back on the train.,  I like the idea of finding these little gems along the route!  Who knows what a next adventure might include,  I am just amazed at how much fun this adventure is being.

Check out tomorrow is noon,  and we are staying until the last possible moment!  Who knows what the morning will bring,   It is Tuesday,  memory making Tuesday.  Love making those memories!


Comments