Skip to main content

The Art of Pool Brushing and Lounging

Today was very pleasant weather, it was overcast most of the day and even though the forecast was for 90 degrees, it was not anywhere near that and I was glad!   Today I had a few responsibilities,  one was feeding Abby and Luna and that was easy peasey!  Luna ate pretty well and Abby reverted back to her picky eater self and took out the morsels she wanted, threw food on the floor and left a lot in her bowl.

My second responsibility was to "brush" the pool,  last week a new surface was put on the pool, and a part of the "curing" process requires the owners to brush the pool daily, so I was out there with a very long handled wide pool brush, sweeping the bottom and down the sides and trying to make sure all surfaces got a little swish and pull of the brush to help make sure that the pool doesn't "mottle" !
Luna and Abby liked to watch the spectacle while lounging on the chaise and under the umbrella.  They were not much help, but I enjoyed our one way conversation.

I had lunch with Shirley,  Shirley was my boss at DHS.  She and her husband Bob have a condo in Scottsdale and one in Lake City MN.  They are leaving for a slow trip up north in about a week and I was glad to be able to catch up.  We are both in our early phases of retirement and had a good time sharing stories of life, our families, and our blossoming interests!  We ate at Picazzo's  an "organic Italian kitchen"  we sat outside and had a long leisurely lunch that was great, I had the quinoa Buddha bowl and a really good time catching up.  We both laughed as we walked to the car, both of us thinking that this Arizona day felt very much like a wonderful midwest summer day, a little coolness in the air, a slight breeze and a hazy lazy sun!  It was fun and we will all be in Minnesota the second week in May!

When I arrived home I saw that the mail had not been collected, and I was hoping that maybe just maybe my box would arrive, and about a half an hour later, a knock on the door and a fine looking mail carrier was holding THE BOX!  It is good that it finally arrived because when I grabbed it I was wondering how much more the cardboard could handle!  But it held up and the saga is now done!
So here we are at the end of the afternoon, Abby has decided that she can come lay close to me,  Luna is on her favorite perch and I am happily blogging away!

It is a new week,  I have started a new E book,  I decided to get a series sponsorship at Penobscot Theatre in Bangor, I had a fun talk with Sasha and I am partially packed getting ready to land back at the Urban Oasis.  Light rail trips await me as I venture to Tempe and maybe even Mesa!  I am definitely having a retirement vacation,  and really enjoying it!  I have been adventuring for 39 days.  I have a little over three weeks being in the southwest.

Life is good,  the birds are flying around making lots of sweet sounds and the palm fronds are waving slightly in the mild breeze.  The late afternoon sun is now shining and there is sparkle to the greens and yellows in the yards.  The air is clear and the mountains are showing their crevices and formations!  Yes life is good.   I am sure that I will use my new found skill of pool brushing to be useful in the future and the lounging well that has immediate use and benefit.


Comments