Skip to main content

Music on the Patio at CK's



I started my day by talking to Marcia, long long time friend from LaFarge, Wi, it was her youngest daughter's birthday.  We had a fine talk and lamented about the amount of snow and that it was going to begin snowing again later today.  I have had two photo's from her since the phone call one at 6" and another at 9 1/2" .  We both acknowledged how beautiful it was but enough is enough.  Not sure what happened in Minneapolis but I have not received any SOS messages.  As for my home in Maine the weather forecast looks like it will be too warm to snow, but who knows it might not be over yet.

Besides talking with Marcia I called the box office at Penobscot Theatre, left a message and a few minutes later they called me back.  I just bought my first season tickets for the 2018-19 season that begins in the fall.  Lolly and I had season tickets to the Guthrie and I have missed seeing live theater and made a decision that I would get 2 season ticket packages and start going to plays in Bangor!  

I did the mundane as well today,  did a load of laundry.  I got to try out the laundry room, had my quarters in hand and it all worked like a charm.

Then it was time to get ready for an evening of music, Julie L who plays on her own was playing at a new venue.  CK's is a "grill" and sports bar and Julie L was playing on the patio!  The fun thing was that besides hearing good music,  meeting new friends, I got to watch the Timberwolves and the Twins on TV.  I wasn 't really watching, but it was fun just to know that here I was in Minnesota Snow Bird country and the sports teams that were playing tonight were on the patio screens! 

A good night was had by all!  The Timberwolves lost,  the Twins won in 16 innings!  We danced the night away!


Comments