Skip to main content

Friday Film Day

It is Friday and I had thought that I would go to some city "seeing" but instead I tended to a little condo business, there was no hot water in the tub so I went to the front desk and the maintenance man just happened to be there.  He said put in a work order which they did and a few minutes after I went upstairs, a knock on the door and there he was, ready to fix the water problem.  Well, it did get fixed but not for awhile, so I hung around and spent a little time checking out the website of LaPosada Railroad Hotel.  I am very excited about this unplanned adventure,  I had heard about the woman architect and the Harvey Girls before, and I had no idea that this was somewhere that I could go!  Just click on the link to have a little southwest history lesson.  It was a good way to spend my time while waiting for hot water.  

The water got fixed,  I did a few errands and I am soon heading off on the Light Rail to a fun, funky neighborhood close to where we went last week for First Friday.  I am going to check out some art, get some food, have a drink and then off to FilmBar for a Friday night movie.

The day has been beautiful,  the weather much cooler, the wind much less, and it clear not hazy.  I am getting the hang of my urban dwelling,  have made a few more plans for next week and the week after and am managing to just stay in the moment.  What a gift.  

So I am now headed out, will be on the light rail with the happy folks that are glad that it is the end of the week.  I do remember that feeling.  And I am happy that it is Friday Film Day.
I will report on how I liked the film when I check back tomorrow.

Happy Friday and for my Minnesota and Wisconsin be safe out there, I do remember when I 22 years old and living on Jug Creek in LaFarge Wi, we had 17" of snow in mid-April.  I don't  remember the date, but we were heating with wood, our wood pile was getting pretty darn low, and in the snow dump we lost sight of most of the wood and more importantly our axe.  Oh to be so very young and unprepared!  We had friends visiting from Seattle, and they vowed to never come back to the Midwest again.  Be prepared it's spring and Mother Nature is not so very happy these days.

Comments