Skip to main content

Last Night in Houston Another Storm Coming!

Today started with breakfast with Scottie and Janice!  We made a plan while they were driving me home last night, that we should have one more time together before I headed west.  They suggested a fun place within walking distance from where I am staying and we made a plan to meet at 9 a.m.


I took off a little early to walk to Baby Barnaby's only to find a sign that said it was open at 11 a.m. for lunch!  I was early so went around the corner to sit on their waiting bench and checked out other possibilities.  Found a NY Style Deli, Katz's, so after a quick phone call while Janice and Scottie were sitting in rush hour traffic we meet at the deli.  Had a fine breakfast and an even better visit.

Then off to Texas Art store I bought a few new colored pencils, and ohhhh and awww'ed at all the great things.  So much glorious paper!  And Scottie bought me a fun magnet!


We said our goodbye's for now with big hugs and kisses.  It has been such a treat to spend time with them both.  One of the good surprises as I stay open for what will happen on my days away!

This afternoon off for a little "spa" time, fun to feel pampered and ready for the next part of my journey.

The day ended with Jackie and I having a sweet supper at another neighborhood gem,  Baba Yega with a vegan, vegetarian centric menu.  We had a long, leisurely meal talking about grand daughters, college bound youung women, and life being retired and thinking about retirement.

The evening is supposed to bring rain and high winds.  Hope all will be well here and that the morning brings blue skies and sunshine!  

I have enjoyed this first "long stay" part of my journey.  It has been slow, and easy.  Lots of wandering, meeting new friends, enjoying the company of Jackie who I met in 1976.  The food has been so satisfying, the weather so different than Minnesota or Maine and so very welcomed.

Tomorrow I will get my glasses fitted one more time,  have a fun lunch, take a long long walk and then off to Amtrak!

On the road again, or maybe I am on the rails!

Comments